Thursday, January 12, 2012

Finally Made It

So as of right now it is 5:30 in the morning here and I am sitting on the bathroom floor at the hotel while the other peeps in my room are still sleeping. Jetlag sucks. Anyways, Just thought I would update everyone a bit about my travels. They have been relatively easy just long. It started Wednesday with waking up at 3 am to make it to my 6:30 flight. A five hour flight to Philadelphia then a seven hour flight to Frankfurt and ended with an hour flight into Turin. In Frankfurt a group of us had a 6 hour layover so we just got to hang out and get to know each other during that time and I have already made some friends. Go me :) We made it to the hotel in Turin around 4 and had time to shower and get ready for dinner. Me and a few girls went and explored the town and then met up with the group (about 70 of us) for dinner where there was salad, pizza, and, gelato! After that the instructor people gave us a small tour of the main hot spots and we were released for the night. That's when I went to bed, so much for going big my first night and everything haha.

Today we are taken to our apartments and I live in the downtown section so I am excited to see what they look like and just get the feel for my living situation for the next few months. Besides that just grocery, school, and phone shopping. No big stories yet but they will come in time. Just wanted to let everyone know I am alive and doing very well :)

Shelby

P. S. I never spell check my work so sorry if there are any mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear all is well! Hope you can post some pix, so that we can live vicariously through you!! Enjoy your travels! Love & miss you already. Ciao

    ReplyDelete