Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Venezia e Verona

Last week school went very fast but the work is starting to pile up. I actually do have homework and tests to study for I'm not partying and traveling 24/7 more like 24/6 ha. Friday I did have a museum visit with one of my classes so we got to check out some architecture around the area and I was supposed to go to class after but there was a bus and metro strike so I wasn't able to make it Friday. So sad.
This past weekend the whole USAC (study abroad group) peeps went to Venezia for Carnevale. It's a week long celebration or so where there are events going on throughout the town all day. It was very cold this weekend but overall I enjoyed my time. We were able to see "the flight of the angel" which represents the beginning of Carvevale. I enjoyed being a tourist and checking out all the sites and taking pictures! (check Facebook). They had different plazas at night that played music so pretty much outside dance parties. We also went out the Murano one of the small islands close by which is known for its glass blowing. Overall it was a good time in Venezia trying not to get lost and enjoying the food and festivities.
Yesterday on our way back from Venezia we stopped by Verona which is famous because of Romeo and Juliet and is also known for its horse meat. Yes I did try a bite and it just tasted like beef but at least I can say I had a bite. We also stopped by Juliets balcony. There is not connection to the story though it was just added to attract tourist and there is a statue of Juliet and it is good luck if you rub the boob. So we all did that and checked the town out.
Now its back to another week of school which includes a test in 3 hours so I need to get going on my studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment