Monday, February 6, 2012

A long time since I last updated

So Its probably been a good two weeks since I last updated so I will do my best to fill in all the gaps. So last weekend I went to Milan on Saturday and met up with my friend Taylor who is studying abroad in Italy as well. It was so great to see a familiar face from home and just catch up and talk about life. We spent the day walking around the city and checking out all the shops and beautiful buildings. After spending the day in Milan I took the train home and found about 20 people in my apartment for dinner so I joined in on the fun and got to hang out with the people I go to school with! Sunday was nothing special just relaxing, homework, run, and all that jazz. Monday though we had a snow day so I went out and checked out the town and went shopping with the people in my apartment complex because all the sales ended January so I spent all of 10 bucks or so on a couple items.
The school week was very simple, I had a test that I got 92% on handed back! (Go me) and then we had another test on Thursday so I spent a good amount of last week at school doing school work, going to class, and studying. We didn't have class on Friday so when Thursday night rolled around I was tired and ended up having dinner with my roommates and just hung out with the guys who live in my complex.
Friday early morning I left for Brussels along with about 20 other students. We spent the weekend there checking out the town and taking it all in. Friday after getting there I went out with a group of girls and guys and we played tourists and ate waffles, sampled chocolate and proceeded to end our night at Delirium which is a bar with over 4,000 beers on tap. I tried sips of a few people but it was overwhelming how many people were there and how many types of alcohol. Saturday we took a train to Brugge which is a beautiful town an hour out of Brussels. There was a beerfest so a few of us went in and tried some interesting beers like cactus and peach. That night I was with some guys and we went into a cigar shop and met a man who we got talking with and ended up going to a local bar and having a couple beers. Keeping up with 5 grown men wasn't exactly the best idea but they watched out for my back. Once Sunday rolled around we were tired but still wanted to see the city. A group of us went to the tourist spots like the EU, Palace, Parliament, and the main Square and it was a cold but enjoyable time in Brussels.
Now its back to school again for the week and then Venice this weekend! So I will try and get better at doing this more regularly.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet life. Im proud that even in Europe you still managed to score some deals on clothes :)

    ReplyDelete