Monday, January 23, 2012

So much good food

Friday started with a late start. I did wake up earlier but just hung out around the house and did homework and read. I had class at 2 and the class was going crazy because we all wanted it to be the weekend already but my teacher was pretty good with us. That night my roommates and I had dinner with Veronkia and all her Italian friends. We each had a pizza and some wine and proceeded to play flip cup with mimosas. I decided just to go with the OJ. After we went out to a bar called Shamrock which had a pub atmosphere but then there was a back room with a dance floor so me and my peeps had a lot of fun there! Pictures are on Facebook if you want to creep. 

Saturday I went to the market here that is the second largest in Italy. It was a big overwhelming at first so I only bought some apples but I will most likely go back some time this week and start to get the feel for things! After that I went shopping with some guys I live by and I ended up getting a scarf, hat, and some boots. It was interesting shopping with all guys and seeing how different guys and girls are when they shop, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time. Saturday night I did roomie dinner again and I went out to a bar called Drink for about 30 minutes. Once at the bar my friends and I took some pictures with a manican (also on Facebook) then we came home and slept. 

Sunday a few of us went to Asti, a small town out of Torino and checked out the town. It's know for is champagne so we got a few bottles at lunch between the 12 of us and just enjoyed the day seeing a new place.

Today I went for another run in the park but it was much warmer and no frost build up on me. Then I went to lunch with my friend Maddy and we studied and did homework for our Italian class. I had Italian and a business management class today and I am looking forward to my business class even though I heard its super hard. Now I am just finishing up dinner, updating y'all about my life, and then off the study and bed! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelby, I just found out that another good friend, who is spending the semester in Copenhagen, is in Italy for a few days. Her name is Jamie.Her blog spot is:http://californianincopenhagen.blogspot.com/ I gave her your info too. I don't know if you two will be able to meet up, but thought I would pass it along. Enjoy XO Kerry

    ReplyDelete