Italy has been amazing. Two weeks ago we have torrential snow storms pretty much, then the next week was spring, and last week was summer. Friday I was at the park laying out and playing frisbee but now we are back to rain for this week. So the weather here has been a bit bi-polar. Because of that nice weather and it being leap year we celebrated like any group of study abroad travel students would . . . went out and partied. Wednesday night we actually got all my roommates to go out which is a feat in itself. But it was a crazy/enjoyable night of going out to some bars and clubs and dancing the night away. Then we were blessed enough to have Friday off from school so my friends and I hit up the park for the day and layer out and played frisbee. My friend Taylor who is studying abroad in Bologna came to visit for my birthday and Saturday we went up to the mountains to going skiing. We went to Bardonecchia where the olympics were held and there was loads of snow but we were able to hit up the slopes for the whole day. We came back and were beat so got a pizza to go and put on a movie and ate straight from the box (the more american way). But Yesterday for my birthday was really great! Tay was still here and my roommates and I made an american breakfast so eggs, french toast, and fruit! Then there was a chocolate festival going on so we hit that up and just tried out some samples. Then we went to the park and packed some cheese, bread, apples, nutella, and wine and just enjoyed the weather and time together with everyone. At this point there were about 10 of us hanging out. Then I took Tay to the train station to say goodbye which sucked but it was still great to see her. Last I went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner!! ( I really miss mexican food) After dinner my friends took me to a bar called 21 where I took a couple shots. One was the traffic light which was three little shots of absinth one was green apple, yellow vanilla, and red cherry, so it looked like a traffic light. Then they got me a chocolate one which was chocolate liquor and it came in a little chocolate cup you ate after. Luckily all the shots were small so it added up to about 2 or 3 total. After that I just came home and hung out with my friends then went to bed. Nothing crazy . . . yet. Remember my birthday was on a Sunday so it was pretty quiet in Italy but now I have the whole week to party as well :) . . . maybe I should leave it at
to be continued . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment