Where do I begin.
I started my spring break on Saturday and headed off the London in the early morning. It was me, my friend Emily, and four guys I hang out with. On arrival in London we took care of business first and found our hostel to put our stuff down then headed out to check out the sites. We went and saw Big Ben, The Eye, Westminster, Buckingham Palace, and then headed to the downtown area to walk around the shops and find dinner. It was crazy that in one day we had seen so much but considering they are not museums or things that take a long time to look at we were able to cover some ground. The next day I took a stroll through Hyde Park in the morning and in the afternoon we headed off to the Tower of London, but before that we went to platform 9 and 3/4! It was amazing to see the architecture, artifacts, and crown jewels. Then we walked across the London Bridge and found some fish n chips as a small restaurant alone the river. The last day in London we started our day off at the Natural History Museum which was massive but awesome to see. Then took the tube out to Wimbledon so check out the grounds, went back into the city to see the British Museum which has numerous artifacts in it such as the rosetta stone, ancient mummies, and easter island statues. Then we booked it over to Abbey Road before the sun set and hit up a pub for dinner and ended our last night in Trafalgar square.
The next morning (Tuesday) we were off to Paris. After checking into our apartment (yes you can rent out apartments for 2 or 3 nights I highly recommend it) we started our journey to the Arch de Triumph and realized the walk there was a lot longer than we thought but we were able to see the city and some parks along the way. Then we walked down the main street Ave de Champs Elysees and ended up by the Grand Palace and Hotel where we just hung out at the park for a little and enjoyed the weather. And before the night ended we hit up Notre Dame and then headed back to our apartment to make dinner.
Wednesday my friend and I decided to take a day trip to Normandy and words can not describe how I felt when walking through the American cemetery or on Omaha beach. First off, I didn't know it was so huge! I expected the beach to span 20 miles or so but the whole D-Day attack took place over a 70 mile radius! We also went to the museum there and it was loaded with good information and interesting facts. After a full day there and taking some sand back in a bag we headed back to Paris to meet up with our friends for dinner.
Then on Thursday we started out day with breakfast at Basilique du Sacre-Coeur which is a large church on a hill that overlooks the whole city. After that it was off to the Louve for another full day of artwork such as the Moma Lisa, Cupid, and Venus de Milo. After a quick dinner we were on our way to the airport for out last stop on the trip . . . Barcelona!
Barcelona was not what I expected. We had great weather so we obviously hit up the beach for the 3 days we were there and even though I live by the beach it was still nice to see it again considering it has been about 3 months! haha. But everyone I traveled with wanted to do the beach thing all day so I went off on my own for a couple hours each day to check out the town. It is just a town full of life all the time. Cafes and markets always open and welcoming people in and people practicing instruments or skating everywhere as well. Besides some architecture there isn't too much to do there so I just enjoyed walking around and spending time with myself. And yes we did hit up the discotecas at night and I thoroughly enjoyed my time dancing for 4 hours each night but also kept my distance from all the creeps. Monday morning came fast and we had to head back. That night I had a presentation and test that I hopefully rocked, and had a test yesterday as well. Today there are no plans of I am just going to rest and catch up on life in Italy. Overall a very successful spring break!
No comments:
Post a Comment