So I believe that last time I wrote I have just gotten back from
Southern Italy for Easter. Since then I have had 2 weekends. One I spent in
Torino. The other I went to Berlin!!! After coming back from Rome and Bari I
needed a break I was able to just focus on school for the past two weeks and
just have restful nights sleep and hang out with friends. Unfortunately the
weather has been pretty bad up until today. Just rain all the time but I still
went out on rain runs with friends and even had a taco night with about 15
people! Holding the tradition even in Italy! So after my week in Torino I went
off the Berlin for the weekend. My friend and I left last Thursday night and
got there around midnight and even at night I was in awe of how modern and
lively the city is. I was there for 3 full days and it allowed me to see the
city but also be able to sleep in a bit as well. My friend and I would go out
til midnight for dinner or so and hit up a bar for a beer. We saw the rebuilt
parliament building, the East Side Art Gallery (which is about a mile length on
the Berlin wall still up all painted), Check Point Charlie, the burnt down
parliament building that Hitler used, and the holocaust memorial. They also
have a huge park in the middle of the city and there was a festival on Sunday
so we enjoyed the surprise and also ended up playing soccer with 2 little boys
we met. It was 2 on 2 and you think that we could dominate being were about 10
years older but we got beat pretty badly (take not I was wearing a dress). But
now back to school for a couple days and have a few projects do these first few
days of the week then have a week off of school because of Italian holidays! I
don’t have any plans yet but I think I am going to train around Italy a little
and see some places close by!
No comments:
Post a Comment