So it has been quite I bit since my last log in. Honestly I
don’t even remember everything that has happened in the past few weeks. Last
weekend I did a spontaneous trip to Porto, Portugal with my friends Marcus and
Cierra. We really knew nothing about the area besides the fact that it was
cheap, had a beach, and port wine. Going into the weather was supposed to be
all rain but we had a miracle happen because the two days were beautiful and we
were even able to make it to the beach for a few hours one day. We went wine
tasting Friday night and lets just say they gave us generous amount which ended
up with Marcus helping Cierra and I walk back and we proceeded to pass out at 9
that night haha. Saturday we went on a walking tour and saw all the beautiful
sights. Also, JK Rolling lived there and taught at the University because her
ex-husband lived there and she got a lot of inspiration for her books from the
town. You could see it in the architecture and streets. We were also there for
student week. This is a weeklong celebration where freshman at the university
go through a hazing type of week while the seniors get to do different
ceremonies such as the fountain where they all are baptized type of idea for
the real world. So Saturday night they
had a concert type of event and we were able to get cotton candy and kettle
corn as well! (Sometimes the small things make everything so much better haha)
Then it was my finals week, which also meant the last week
with all the friends I have made. Thursday everyone was done with finals, which
gave up until Sunday to hang out, clean, pack, and celebrate every moment left
together. We all met up each night and
went out to different places, had multiple breakfast, lunch, and dinners with
friends and just enjoyed the last few nights in Torino. (Pictures are to come J) Nothing over the top
or special happened but just a lot of laughter. Today everyone left on the
group flight to go back home and lets just say numerous tears were shed. I am
not afraid to cry in front of people haha.
I had a bus coming an hour later so my friend and I grabbed coffee and
when I went out to the bus my Spaniard friend Patxi was there as well. So as of
right now I am on a bus with Patxi and 6 other Spaniards heading to Sicily. I
will be living there for a month with Gabe (he is an exchange student who lived
with my family a couple years back) and Patxi and his friends will be there for
a week partying, so I might have to join in with the festivities!! So overall
very emotional because I said goodbye to all my friends but know that this
summer will be epic!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment