Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Lot Of These Babies > !!!!!

Finally 23 and I feel like a changed woman!!! Haha well not really but all in all it was a good week and birthday. For starters I am taking a spanish course for the month of March. I start at 9:00 am every morning and study for four hours. It's a bit grueling but I am glad I am doing this to jump start my spanish.
The city of Lima is famous for balconies like this one.

On top of my classes I am also working so I study for four hours in the morning then am off to work every afternoon. So if you are trying to contact me via internet through my iphone it might be a bit rough because I am out of the house from 8-8 pretty much. But I am enjoying my classes and teaching. I started working with an older lady who is going to the US in April for her sons wedding and it's always a pleasure to talk with her about Lima and her life.  I also have a roommate who wants to get into running more so we have set up a calendar of our running schedule and hope to accomplish 20 kilometers within the next month! Yay for running!!!!

Danny and I about to blow out our candles. 
Saturday I went to the catacombs with a couple friends. Unfortunately we were not able to take pictures but it also is a little creepy being that its bones organized in circles on the ground or set in storage areas.  The church is in Central Lima so we took advantage of the trip to walk around the old buildings and plazas. We also went to the central market to buy party favors for Saturday night. My roommate and I had a conjoined birthday party on Saturday with balloons, party hats, 2 cakes (sparklers as the candles), and a piƱata!!! It was great to see so many people and cultures come together and I think it's safe to say we all enjoyed the party and dancing! Tuesday was my actual birthday and after class and work I went to Central Lima once again for a Pisco Sour (national drink) with a couple of my friends!!! Girls night holla!!!! After we went salsa dancing. I impressed myself with how much spanish I was speaking but I know the Pisco had a part to play in that as well! So I can't really complain right now. I do miss y'all but know a lot of love is being sent my way!!!!
Pisco Sours on my actual birthday 
Had to throw one crazy one in there :)




No comments:

Post a Comment