Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My lazy thought provoking week

As much as I want to update you on some grand adventures I really haven't had any recently. Last week I was very lethargic and took a lot of time reading, watching movies, and once again analyzing my life.  Every day I think of what I need to do and the fact that homework is never on the list still confuses me. The past few years of my life were homework assignments, random part time or summer jobs, and planning my future after college. Now that I am here I don't know what else to plan so I'm starting to realize that scheduling my future should not be part of my actual plan. I have been starting to take each day as it comes and grow and learn from that.
The lookout point by my house
            Work has been going well. The first couple weeks were quiet and I just came in and out and then would go home but I have started to befriend the other teachers and look forward to building those relationships. I have also enjoyed the connections I am making with my students. The more I work with them the more I get to know their personality and hobbies. On Monday I did have a little boy get a nosebleed.  He also lost his tooth that morning and spilled his cup of water all over the books at the end of the hour, so it was an entertaining morning for the both of us.  
My street at night . . . quiet for once
            I am also considering taking some classes to improve my Spanish. My work schedule is still a little up in the air but hopefully within the next week or two I will be able to find a Spanish class that works with my work schedule as well. Hopefully I can get something going so I can be a bit more conversational with people rather than constantly having a deer in the headlights look. 

Exploring the city with Nina

             I am starting to get into a schedule as well which I rather enjoy. Monday nights my friends and I have decided we will make dinner with wine and watch Girls, the ultimate average woman show. I'm sure the future will bring more traditions and more friendships as well.  But I have been perusing around Peru more seeing what the city has to offer. The old downtown area has a small china town and a shopping area. My friend and I went there and were overwhelmed by all the shops and people but I loved being in an area where Peruvians shop rather than the high class malls made for foreigners. 

Main plaza in downtown 
The pictures on this post are a little random but I just wanted to share some more sights of Lima!

No comments:

Post a Comment