Last week was the start of Carnivale. Here they celebrate by throwing people in pools of water or throwing water balloons but the clubs also celebrate it as well. My friend and I joined in on the festivities on Thursday and went to a club named HELP. At midnight they started throwing out confetti and small bottles filled with paint and it turned into a battle on the dance floor. A small marching band of ten people or so were walking through the crowd at the same point. The paint war went on late into the night. I did wash my clothes but now my t-shirt looks like I tie-died it. It was awesome to join in on the festivities and here is a picture to prove that it was very colorful!
 |
After the paint war.
|
After resting on Friday some of my friends and I went to Lunahuana a small town in the hills for rafting. There was 5 girls and the guide in the boat so we started off on a bad note with not having enough man power. Everything was going swell until we hit a rock which flipped our boat over. Luckily 4 out of the 6 were able to climb onto the rock and get the boat back over and situated. While this was going on I was floating down the river with my friend Florie fighting the rapids. Fortunately we had helmets and life vests on. After 7 minutes or so another boat ahead pulled me out of the water and even though I wanted to rest for a second I had to start paddling right away to go get Florie who was still flowing down the river. It felt like hours because in that moment I was trying to comprehend what just happened but was also being told what to do by these random people in Spanish who also had a little 5 year old in the middle just sitting and staring at me. We were able to get Florie and finally get back to our own boat. As scary as it was we laughed it off right after. I am a little sick from taking in all the river water and Florie has some aches and pains as well but all in all it was a . . . memorable rafting experience. The rest of the weekend we enjoyed the sun and went down to the beach on Sunday for some surf and sun.
 |
| Sunrise outside our tent |
No comments:
Post a Comment