Monday, January 16, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday

So Sunday here is pretty much a dead zone for the whole town. I work up around 9 and knew my roommates weren't going to be up for a while so I indulged in some alone time and read, journaled, and then headed out for a walk around town so I could get to know the area a little more. Once I got back my roommates were up and some friends came over so we just talked and hung out then went of the search for food around 3 and came across a random pizza place open. Thank you Jesus. Once we got back some of the guys that live in our apartment came down and we played cards and just relaxed after a long weekend.

Today we had orientation at our school. So all the people living in my apartment complex that go to that school (about 15 of us) headed down on the metro and for the first 3 hours went over boring stuff and had a lunch break then had another 3 hours of boring stuff. Entertaining right? But after lunch my friend Maddy and I sat next to the foreign students who were also studying abroad and started up some friendships there. We exchanged names and number so we could find each other on Facebook and I got a phone this afternoon too so I'm getting my T9 on. Luckily the foreign students were all meeting at a bar murphys so Maddy and I joined them. We didn't know how to get there and being thats its about 18 degrees here we didn't want to walk. In the end we were able to find our way on the bus and got to hang out with all the foreigners. It was awesome talking with them about home and different cultural things. I felt dumb though because they all knew English and other languages while I knew none. Goes to show you american education. But tomorrow I have my first day of real class which consists of just italian for the next week! But heading off to bed so I can get some more shut eye before my first dat of school in Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment