Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bright Green Walls

Why is it when we look back on the past we only think of happy occurrences in life? I have traveled numerous places and experienced culture that exceeds my expectations yet as I look towards the future I get so nervous.

I note traveling because as many of you know I decided to packed up my life and moved to Lima, Peru to experience adventure.  Everyone asks all the obvious questions of where will I live, what will I do, and . . . am I planning to meet a Latin man.

This is what I know after being here for one day . . .
 -My room is a typical Latin room: small, bright green walls, no matching furniture, but comfortable in its own way
 -My roommates, all 11 of them, are worldly, loving, and patient people (I do not remember all their names yet    and actually might not have met them all yet, who's counting really?)
 -I need to practice Spanish a lot more 
 -I have a bomb cell phone circa 1990
 -I have three interviews within the next few days and no idea how to get to any one of them
 -Humidity will be my new best friend
 -Inca Cola is supposedly the next best thing since sliced bread 
 -Each moment I stop and think I am baffled that my friends and family let me do this

I had some free time today after unpacking, meeting people, and grocery shopping to walk around the area where I live. I was in awe of the architecture, new and old, of the buildings and the bright colors that covered the outsides.  I am truly blessed every step I take in this country for knowing the support I have with this endeavor. I l can't wait for more adventure to arise but for now I'm going to try and fall asleep among these bright green walls. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are doing well. Miss you already! I will look forward to hearing about all of your adventures. Best of luck on the job interviews. Love you!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete