Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Selvamonos

So it has almost been a full week here and I am slowly getting the hang of things. Peru is like San Francisco in that there are numerous districts throughout the city that help separate each sector. This also means that getting from the most Southern to most Northern part can take 2 or so hours by bus. Taxis are the most common mode of transportation, 3/4 of the cars on the roads seem to be taxis and are used by everyone.

I do have a few pictures I have been taking and these ones should have been added to last week.
My room with some bright walls. 
This is my "hall way". My door is the one at the end and there are stairs behind me. I am on the third floor and the majority of our rooms lead straight outside but the communal area is normal. 
I have a flash light on this little bad boy.
Since being in Peru I have been job searching. Everyone keeps asking for pictures and crazy stories but it hasn't been overwhelmingly crazy just yet. The most interesting part of my week has been documenting the different ways they spell my name. I have Shohy and Shopi on the list so I will keep you guys updated with that. This past weekend I went to a beach about an hour south of Lima to a concert called Selvamonos. It pretty much translates to jungle monkeys ha. I went with some other foreigners and we stayed the night on the beach so Sunday we enjoyed the sun. One of my roommates compared me to a crab so I guess you could say I need more sunscreen on top of the two layers I had applied. 

I don't know the name of the beach but the surf was beautiful. Maybe I will take it up in Peru because living in San Diego my whole life and never surfing was too easy. 



 After the beach and a long Saturday night I came back to a pleasant Sunday evening. Everyone was out enjoying the beautiful weather and it was time to relax. I walked around with my friend and took a few pictures just of the main plaza and church.

The plaza is about a block from my house and the red building in the distance is the library. 


 My primary focus this week is to look for jobs more. I had two interviews on Monday and have to teach a 20 minute lecture tomorrow and a tutoring class for two different companies to see if they like me. Unfortunately I do have to take my nose piercing out because the school has standards of appearance to withhold and piecing are one (even though the lady interviewing me had an extremely low cut dress for a school position if I do say so myself). I also have another interview Thursday with another tutoring company and one more soon to be scheduled with a school. So keep the prayers and love coming and I will keep everyone posted :)


No comments:

Post a Comment